Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Choices We Face

Our ultimate life objective should be to create as much as our talent and ability and desire will permit. The greatest rewards are always reserved for those who bring great value to themselves and the world around them.

Finding your purpose helps defines your burning desire, your purpose should be good, fun and focused.
Your purpose is when you do more than you have the immediate capacity to do because you know and you have faith, that it is going to pay off.

Your purpose is when every single morning you wake up with a fresh new idea and you know your turn is coming.

A quick way to define your purpose:
1. Write down the activities that you enjoy
2. See if any of these activities can make you a living.

Each of us has a choice to be all or to be less or to be nothing at all.

The first choice we can make is to be less than we have the capacity to be. To earn less. To have less. 
To read less and think less. To try less and discipline ourselves less.

The second choice is to do it all! To become all that we can possibly be. To read every book 
that we possibly can. To earn as much as we possibly can. To give, lead and share as much as we 
possibly can. To strive and produce and accomplish as much as we possibly can.

Results are the best measurement of human progress. Not conversation. Not explanation. 
Not justification. Results! And if our results are less than our potential then our choice is clear

With the right choice it is important to clarify and nullify the myths facing potential leaders:
The position myth: "I cannot lead if I am not at the top."
The destination myth: "When I get to the top, then I will learn to lead."
The Influence myth: "If I were on top, then people would follow me."
The Inexperience myth: "When I get to the top I will be in control."
The freedom myth: "When I get to the top I will no longer be limited."
The potential myth: "I cannot reach my potential if I am not the top leader."
The all-or-nothing myth: "If I cannot get to the top, then I would not try to lead."

These are all negative belief system, you can lead from wherever you are; 
Why not do all that we can, every moment that we can, the best that we can, for as long as we can?

I wish You Great Success.

No comments: