A new decentralized global financial system is possible with cryptocurrencies by removing layers of intermediation.
Every major financial institution in the world is doing blockchain research at the moment and 15% of banks are expected to be using blockchain in 2017.
Blockchain is a distributed database that maintains a continuously growing list of ordered records, called “blocks.”
The first major blockchain innovation was bitcoin, a digital currency experiment in 2007 .
The market cap of bitcoin now hovers between $10–$20 billion dollars, and is used by millions of people for payments.
Blockchain has remained resilient to attack and it supports a robust payment system.
Cosider just 10 years of work by an elite group of computer scientists, cryptographers and mathematicians:
- A higher degree of reliability than the current system
- International currency transfers will go from days to a few minutes
- Auctions can now be universal and global
- A scaled blockchain is expected to be fast enough to power the internet of things
- Go head-to-head with the major payment middlemen (VISA and SWIFT) of the banking world.
With these suddden changes to existing business models and e-commerce, blockchain will disrupt the financial system much
like what the internet did to media and adevertising. Such a fundamental restructuring of a core part of the economy is a big challenge to all.
Preparing for these changes means investing and experimentation.
Those who do so will be well placed to thrive in the new, emerging financial system.
While Investing in Digital Currencies, Reflect on these three Propositons:
1. Globalization is a major driver of growth and prosperity
2. Technological progress enriches our lives
3. Shareholder returns reflect businesses contributions to society
Crafty men condemn studies, simple men admire them, and wise men use them.... Francis Bacon
See You at the Top
Review the video below for an Investment opportunity